Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A new image...

In my last post I mentiond that I did my first photo shoot in a long while. I have been into photography for years working for 8 years in the industry for a couple different companies till My son, Matthew was born and I became a full time SAHM (stay at home mom). Since then I have done many shoots for family & friends, and as the years have passed I have grown in my hobby and continue to learn more & more.

I used to go by the name "Memory Lane Photography" because it was cute and because my grandparents actually live on a street named Memory Lane and I was lucky enough to get to live there for a while as a child myself.

I never actually legally registered the name or anything, I just do this on the side. but the other day while on the way to Addie's photo shoot the Lord gave me a new name. I'm really excited about it.

"So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him"
Genesis 1:27



Since my photography is centered around people mostly childern, seniors and family I think the new name is perfect. I still have no plans to take my photography beyond friends & family & word of mouth. I enjoy giving others the opprotunity to experience more in depth photography than a frazzled session at the mall or your local wal-mart at a price that is affordable. (in many cases even cheaper than those chain mall stores!). I don't plan to set up any websites or even a special blog, but I will share my work with you all here among all my other rambelings and creative projects. So I hope you'll enjoy from time to time the occasional photo shoot postings!
EnJoy!
***HeatheR***

3 comments:

Kelly Zimm said...

Wow! I LOVE it!!

Nate and Lana Hope said...

Love the new name! I'll look forward to future posts of photography!

Sarah said...

Love it! Maybe we'll rope you into taking pics of us this summer..or at least the kiddos.