Sunday, July 5, 2009

Ice Cream Cake

I didn't want to pay 30.00+ for a Ice Cream cake at one of those yummy but expensive Ice Cream shops, so I thought I'd try making one. I searched the 'net and couldn't find a recpie that I liked, & I figured "it can't be THAT hard" so I set out to make my own.

{Ingredients}: brownie mix, 1-2 kinds of ice cream (any flavors- I wanted a Snickers cake so I bought a snickers Ice cream-with vanilla base- and a chocolate one). Jar of sundae topping, tub of whipped topping, candybars, and a spring form pan.

Grease your spingform pan well, bake brownies in pan according to directions. Let cool for a couple hours, when cool cut top 1/2 layer off (this will be the middle layer of your cake) Don't worry too much if it crumbles a little, I found that after I cut through the brownie I put a large plate on top and fliped it upside down to seperate the layers w/o it breaking apart.

Spoon SOFTENED Ice cream on top of the brownie layer. (I kept the ice cream in the fridge for a couple hours and it was perfect) I topped this layer with carmel...

***NOTE*** Carmel does not freeze (OK maybe you all know that, but I didn't.) Don't use too much or you will end up with carmel oozing out the side of your cake! I also sugest freezing the icecream layer for a bit first, because my carmel kinda sank into the ice cream.

Freeze this layer for a couple hours or till firm.

Then add another layer of brownie, carmel and ice cream. Again freeze for several hours or overnight.

Scrape sides of spring form pan and release latch. The cake should come out pretty easily. (notice the oozing carmel?)I used whipped topping to "frost" the cake, and topped with drizzled carmel and chopped up snickers bars.

Yummmmm

You could easily make several different variances using different ice creams, candy, cookies, or even fruit!

EnJoY!

***HeatheR***

4 comments:

Sarah said...

YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Jenn said...

Oh. My. GOSH!

This looks delicious! Must go buy all the ingredients -- and a springform pan too! Oh boy...

Elizabeth said...

I need a piece of this today! I'll be right over to get my piece! I SO could use this it looks yummy!!!

Christine said...

Yum! I'm making this for the next birthday party!!!

Blessings,
Christine