Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!

Here's Stella all ready to celebrate the New Year!


I found this recipe for margarita balls and knew I had to make them for New Years and for some friends who are known to have a fondness for Margaritas. Here is the recipe from http://www.allrecipes.com/


Margarita Balls I
1 (12 ounce) package vanilla wafers
1/2 pound ground almonds
4 ounces white chocolate
1/4 cup tequila
1/4 cup orange marmalade
2 tablespoons light corn syrup

DIRECTIONS
Mix 1 box (12 oz) vanilla wafers, crushed into crumbs, with 1/2 lb ground blanched almonds.
Melt four 1 oz squares white chocolate according to package directions.
In blender, process tequila, orange marmalade, and light corn syrup until smooth. Stir, along with melted chocolate, into crumb mixture.
Shape into 1 inch balls and coat with sugar. Store in refrigerator.


EnJoy!


***HeatheR***

6 comments:

Danni said...

Cute card and sounds like yummy margarita balls!

cjknick said...

Ok, I fully expect to be served those balls in that glass! :)

Darling Stella card, too!

Jenn said...

Too cute, Heather! Those margarita balls sound yummy - I just might have to attempt to make them!

Candy said...

Happy New Year, Heather. This is the first time I have seen your work. You have done a most wonderful job of your Stella card. Wish you had mentioned the name of the paper and how you made it though.
You have made beautiful picture set ups using your margarita balls - so colourful and professional looking!

***HeatheR*** said...

Thanks Candy, I'll try to post supplies with my posts... its just a pain KWIM? But if you all want it I'm happy to!!
This card used WeAreMemoryKeepers White Out Holiday Line (stripe paper) and a Disney Vellum, The flower is from Fancy Pants, Offray Ribbon, Yellow Glitter, and it was colored using BIC markers and a water pen/blue ink pad for shading. (sorry this is not a very good list most everything was from my scraps and I'm cozy in bed and too lazy to go look at names!) byt I'll be better in the future :0)

Lisa T said...

Cute, cute card!