Monday, January 12, 2009

Make a difference {Monday}

I listen to Air 1 an awesome christian radio station based out of California but through local transmitters recived here in Idaho. I love love love this station, I can't say enough good about it... this aint your grandmas worship music! I dare ya to try it out here in the Treasure Valley is 98.7 fm or you can always listen online...



ANYWAYS....


Every Monday they do "make a difference Monday" where people are encouraged to do small acts of kindness for others. Its really neat to hear people call in and tell stories of how doing something small for someone can really make a difference (not only in the recipients life but also in the givers too) You can do small things from helping someone out with their grocries, call a friend thats been on your mind, or offer to pay for the persons behind you's order in the drive in...


I LOVE this concept- and I am challenging myself (and your welcome to join me) to do something special each Monday. For me today its to be extra concious of the people around me, while at the dentist I made sure to make eye contact and smile at everyone who came in (I know that seems small, but for me this is huge- I sometimes am to busy and shy to aknowledge others around me). I think I will send a card to somone I haven't talked to in a long while, just to say "hi" and maybe brighten their day.


this reminds me of this song... Give me your eyes, by Brando Heath ( i hope this comes through!)

1 comment:

Heather said...

Heather, Heather, Heather....I am so happy that you did this! Remember when I did the "inspirational song of the week for about a month...I had a lovely friend that told me I should start a blog and share it that way. Well I could never figure it out. You seem to have it down just right. Bravo my dear! Heather J Oh by the way....I love love love this song! Do you know the name of his album?